test

Etsy is an online marketplace for buying and selling all things handmade. There are over 700,000 products on the site, offered to you directly from 60,000 individual artists. Support the independent. Find the unique. Buy, Sell, and Live Handmade

Member profile: HevVin Designs, Jamie Hevener

Author jannypie Category , , , , ,





Hello, I'd like to take a moment to officially introduce myself to all of you at Etsy Team Columbus.

My name is Jamie Hevener and I have a small home business in Hilliard, Ohio called HevVin Designs. My house is always busy, with a spirited eleven year old daughter and her after school friends, computer guru husband and two big dogs.

I make bags and accessories using my own patterns and collection of vintage fabrics, recycled clothing and some newer fabrics. Sometimes, I will throw in an antique button or two. It all happens down in the basement, which I refer to as my studio.

The name HevVin Designs comes from the combination of my last name, Hevener and vintage. Since my father opened his first antique store in 1976, I have been in love with antique textiles and the fine detailing that went into the weaving of them. I really can't get enough of them. All my life I have enjoyed drawing, painting, and working with textiles.

My favorite quote is by Joseph Campbell which says, "Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls."

Right now, my business is mainly on www.hevvindesigns.etsy.com. I have my creations in a couple of consignment shops: Kloset Kraze and Gourmet Body Treats. Some of my business consists of custom orders. And now, it's time to get ready for shows like Eco Chic Craftacular and Comfest.

Eventually, I would like to own or at least be part owner of a gallery that promotes local artists and artisans. I want to be able to give back to my community and make sure there is a place for future artists and artisans to follow their bliss, too.

Thank you all for allowing me to be a part of Etsy Team Columbus. It has been a pleasure getting to meet everyone, so far.

Jamie Hevener
HevVin Designs

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Theme by New wp themes | Bloggerized by Dhampire | Customized by Jan Dennison