test

Etsy is an online marketplace for buying and selling all things handmade. There are over 700,000 products on the site, offered to you directly from 60,000 individual artists. Support the independent. Find the unique. Buy, Sell, and Live Handmade

Meet Susan (SewDarnSimple)

Author jannypie Category

I've been sewing since I was a child, and have always enjoyed it. Several years ago, I got burnt out in the corporate world, and so I quit to start my sewing business. At the same time, I found another non-(large)corporate job in the area I had been working in (computer programming) and so I also do that - it started out just a few hours a week, but now is more than half time - I'm hoping to get back to under 20 hours a week, so I can concentrate more on my sewing. I do home decor work for an interior decorator in Columbus, and I also do home decor for friends and family, and referrals, and then I got into making purses and accessories. So I've been doing the art/craft show rounds to a certain degree in the last three years, and at the last show I was at, someone asked me if I was on Etsy. I didn't know a thing about it, but did a little research and here I am.

I'm hoping in the next couple of years, that I am able to do more sewing and less computer work, and still be able to afford my lifestyle! I'm really hoping that I can get to the point where the creativity is really flowing - and I'm not just making all the same things!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Theme by New wp themes | Bloggerized by Dhampire | Customized by Jan Dennison