test

Etsy is an online marketplace for buying and selling all things handmade. There are over 700,000 products on the site, offered to you directly from 60,000 individual artists. Support the independent. Find the unique. Buy, Sell, and Live Handmade

Meet Lynda (Armando Javier Design)

Author jannypie Category

I have been sewing since the third grade. Sewing is like Xanax for me. Its calms me and keeps me centered. I have recently fallen in love with the leather craft. I am learning how to tool at Tandy on Morse Road. It’s a kewl place, and the guys that work there are all very good artisans. I have a day job, and its ok, but not much on creativity….So I make up for it by hanging out at the Cultural Arts Center where I use their studio space to work as a surface design artist. My favorite medium is denim, and silk. I am a bit flashy in style, so I find I have to tone down my work a lot. It’s a real struggle. Why won’t anyone by a purple hair one cowhide purse? WHY? I would like to tie the two disciplines of surface design and leather tooling to really make some cool ‘boo yow’ stuff. See there I go again.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Welcome Lynda! I'm looking forward to seeing your work in person.

Boutique Mix Fashion said...

I love Lynda's creations!! I carry her Obama clutches in my boutique - boutiquemix.com. Everyone loves them. She is truly talented!!!

Post a Comment

Theme by New wp themes | Bloggerized by Dhampire | Customized by Jan Dennison